Get Me Downunder

The Adventure Starts Here

Applied 15th April

Medical and Police Checks requested 4th June

Medicals done 19th June (police checks back shortly after)

Visa Granted today!!!

I wasn't expecting to hear back until at least the end of the year. I was so happy when I saw the email this morning.  I won't be moving until next year but at least that part is out the way now! Good times :)

Views: 329

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Excellent news, well done Richard!

That's awesome - congratulations! You hear all of these stories about visas taking so long to come through and then here you are with your visa within a couple of months! Since you're not migrating straight away, here is a migration checklist that will help you to get organised for your move. Moving to Australia Checklist

What is your background/work experience, in case we are able to assist you with finding a job in Australia when you're ready?

Cheers,

Nadine

Hi Nadine, thanks. I'm a Java Developer with 7 and a half years experience plus a BSc HONS in Computing. I have a Linked-In profile here http://www.linkedin.com/pub/richard-hawes/39/764/3b it's quite new but I think I've covered the basics.  We're looking at moving to Oz at the beginning of April next year, but won't make the move unless I have a job to go to.  We are looking to move to the suburbs of Melbourne and therefore would be looking for a job in the city of Melbourne.

Thanks for the checklist, it looks really useful!

Thanks again, Rich

Nadine Myers said:

That's awesome - congratulations! You hear all of these stories about visas taking so long to come through and then here you are with your visa within a couple of months! Since you're not migrating straight away, here is a migration checklist that will help you to get organised for your move. Moving to Australia Checklist

What is your background/work experience, in case we are able to assist you with finding a job in Australia when you're ready?

Cheers,

Nadine

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Job of the Week

Provided by Working Downunder

Scan the code with your phone to join our Jobs Down Under list

© 2021   Created by Australia & New Zealand magazine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service