Get Me Downunder

The Adventure Starts Here

Hi everyone.

My husband's entire immediate family are Australian citizens but we are struggling to get a visa!!!!

My husbands parents have been Australian citizens for 4 years now and his only sibling, his sister and her daughter are citizens for a few months now. My husband lived, worked and studied in Oz for 3 years but that was about 7 years ago.

We have applied for a Family sponsored 475 visa but we are on the old SOL list, not the new one. And thanks to the new priority list we have been told that its probably going to take years to get a visa, if at all.

We need to get there soon as his parents are retiring and we want to be there for them to help take care of them.

I just dont get it though..... why is it so hard... surely the fact that his entire family are citizens means it should be easier?????

Am I missing something?

Help please....

Views: 579

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Kathleen,
You may want to consider the remaining relative visa.
best regards
John Mumford (MARN 0429252)
Speak to Sammi Naghi, he is amazing at
getting visa's etc. 
Google him.
Good luck
Hi John...

Thanks

I was told that because my parents live in the UK we wont be able to. Apparently you can only apply for last remaining relative if you and your spouse have no immediate family in the UK.

Have I been mis-informed?

John Mumford said:
Hello Kathleen,
You may want to consider the remaining relative visa.
best regards
John Mumford (MARN 0429252)
Thanks Suzanne

Suzanne McLeod said:
Speak to Sammi Naghi, he is amazing at
getting visa's etc. 
Google him.
Good luck
Thanks Marjorie... I appreciate it

Marjorie Dennison said:
Hi there Kathleen
I know of a very good migration agent who could maybe give you the answer.
info@accessmigration.com
Good luck and keep trying I know its very daunting but determination is the key on this one.
Regards
Hi look at the visa 118 or 119. my mum is australian so we have applied for citizen by desent then my partner and kids will have to get a partner visa to come with me. it may work seeing as they have been citizens for a while.
best of luck

Kathleen said:

Marjorie Dennison said:
Hi there Kathleen
info@accessmigration.com
Good luck and keep trying I know its very daunting but determination is the key on this one.
Regards
Thanks Jo... I will check it out

jo said:
Hi look at the visa 118 or 119. my mum is australian so we have applied for citizen by desent then my partner and kids will have to get a partner visa to come with me. it may work seeing as they have been citizens for a while.
best of luck

Kathleen said:

Marjorie Dennison said:
Hi there Kathleen
info@accessmigration.com
Regards
I'd also recommend Access Migration, really good
Do you qualify for employer sponsorship? This is my specialty area...
Yeah... I have researched this all day and apparently the only option I have is Employer sponsorship.
Any advice ?

Nadine Myers said:
Do you qualify for employer sponsorship? This is my specialty area...
Thanks everyone!
Well, you will need to check this list to see whether you or your partner's occupations qualify for sponsorship - http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/_pdf/ensol.pdf. If you find one or more occupations you may qualify for, do you research with the listed Australian assessing authority to see what is required to qualify.

If you're not sure, send your CV through to info@nabthatjob.com and I'll see if I can help. I'm travelling on business this week, but I will try and get back to you as soon as I can.

Cheers,

Nadine

Kathleen said:
Thanks everyone!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Job of the Week

Provided by Working Downunder

Scan the code with your phone to join our Jobs Down Under list

© 2021   Created by Australia & New Zealand magazine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service