Get Me Downunder

The Adventure Starts Here

Hi Everyone

My Wife and I lodged our skilled migration visa in December 09, using my occupation as a carpenter for the main visa applicant, we used True Blue Migration, who have been great, but like anyone in our situation, we cannot wait for our visas to arrive, as you can appreciate, and just want to get to Oz asap.

According to the DIAC website our visa should take 18 - 24 months to process and have in our hands, but we were wondering if anyone had been assinged a case officer and got it in this time period, or was in the process of getting it, and how long it has taken so far.

Given the current situation of the building industry in the UK, we just want to get to Australia where it is thriving and start our new life, which is going to be in Queensland.

We look forward to any tips and advice anyone can give us at this stage.

Thanks

Neil & Maxine

Views: 304

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi

We lodged our 176 visa for queenland just after you, we have just had ours granted this morning, we were in the same boat as you, we were told it would be 2012 aswell so we were surprised when we got a case officer at christmas.

Hope you get yours soon

Team Edwards said:

Hi

We lodged our application for 176 GSM on 2/2/09, Heard nothing until 2/12/10 when we were requested to do medicals, police checks etc...  Did our medicals 22/12/2010, all ok so now awaiting the final decision.  Fingers crossed we should hear in the next couple of weeks.  We have completely the application ourselves without an agent.

We were told after we lodged our application that it would be the end of 2012 for final decsion hoever it is looking to be a lot sooner than that (all being well!).

Good Luck

Hi, hope you have heard by now about your visa.   We lodged our 176 SS visa in July 2008, we were told that we were looking at 2012 before processing (husband a builder), however we were called for medicals and police checks in Oct and had our visa granted in November 2010.  We just sold the house and are heading over in September.  Cant wait Hopefully if you havent had your news yet, it wont be long.

Good luck

Good luck Jennifer with your new venture.

I am an Aussie & let me know if I can help you with "our ways".  Look at www.livingdownunder.co.uk - my UK friend's DVDs on Lliving in Australia (all cities and many large regional areas presented)  best wishes  ....Anne@ConnectRelocate

jennifer salter said:

Hi, hope you have heard by now about your visa.   We lodged our 176 SS visa in July 2008, we were told that we were looking at 2012 before processing (husband a builder), however we were called for medicals and police checks in Oct and had our visa granted in November 2010.  We just sold the house and are heading over in September.  Cant wait Hopefully if you havent had your news yet, it wont be long.

Good luck

Are you heading to Queensland? Know there will be a need for construction industry workers with thousand homes damaged from floods and cyclone. Beautiful Sunshine Coast still paradise!

Anne@ConnectRelocate

vidturner said:

Hi

We lodged our 176 visa for queenland just after you, we have just had ours granted this morning, we were in the same boat as you, we were told it would be 2012 aswell so we were surprised when we got a case officer at christmas.

Hope you get yours soon

Team Edwards said:

Hi

We lodged our application for 176 GSM on 2/2/09, Heard nothing until 2/12/10 when we were requested to do medicals, police checks etc...  Did our medicals 22/12/2010, all ok so now awaiting the final decision.  Fingers crossed we should hear in the next couple of weeks.  We have completely the application ourselves without an agent.

We were told after we lodged our application that it would be the end of 2012 for final decsion hoever it is looking to be a lot sooner than that (all being well!).

Good Luck

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Job of the Week

Provided by Working Downunder

Scan the code with your phone to join our Jobs Down Under list

© 2021   Created by Australia & New Zealand magazine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service