Get Me Downunder

The Adventure Starts Here

Who Else Gets a Little Over Excited When Poms in Paradise is on the TV!?

Hi everyone,

Cool to meet you all and fellow readers most likely of Australia and New Zealand Magazine. I have been like a kid at Christmas before the release of the past three or four issues as my iminent departure to Australia draws ever closer!

I will be heading down under on the 6th of July, to Sydney initially where I have some friends already then where there are good opportunities for surf and work and in that order of priorities!

I have been watching Poms in Paradise on ITV and I know it's just a TV show and is never going to give you the full picture it still gets me slightly hyper with excitement. Does anybody else feel the same way!

My goal in Australia is to do or see at least one new thing everyday and I am going to be making a video blog about it, sort of like my own Poms in Paradise to help others making the move and also make my friends at home a little bit jealous :)

Anyway just wanted to introduce myself here and speak to you all soon!

Views: 398

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Kevin - great news on your moving date - bet you're looking forward to it!

Loving Poms in Paradise - although I was hoping it was going to be more than just the Gold Coast, as we're looking at Perth!

A blog sounds like a good idea - it would keep you occupied too, if theres ever a down day - but if you've got friends out there, then it should be much better for you - we don't know anyone out there, and have never been - just thinking we've got nothing to lose, so we'll give it a go!

All the best in July and good luck with the video blog!

Hi Sarah,

I agree that it would be great if they could have showed a few more places and not the same stuff all the time but its still good! 

You have everything to gain... Don't look back and just go after the life you want.
thanks for the kind words on my blog idea, I have already started blogging on here, check out my profile and give it a read. I would really appreciate that!

And yeah... I'm Super Excited! 

Hi Kevin. It's Jane here the paramedic from "Poms in Paradise". So pleased to hear that the program has got you all excited about heading over here. It was exactly the same for me 6 years ago when I was planning to emigrate and was addicted to the tv series " New life down under". Just want to wish you all the best, it sounds like you have the perfect attitude to fit in with all the other Aussies living life to the full in this fantastic country. As you can probably see from the tv I don't regret it for one moment, and although it a huge move it's worth every minute of it. Good luck. Look me up if you head to the Goldcoast. I'll be cruising around surfers in my ambulance, checking out the surf!
Safe traveling. Jane x
Thanks Jane

We're all enjoying the programme over here - and in fact Michael from the Tamborine Mountain Distillery will be on again next week !!

Haha, Awesome Jane! Thanks for replying, I feel like I am talking to a Celebrity here! 

I really liked your part of the show and how you live the healthy life down under. I want to be able to take advantage of that nice weather and get up early like you do and go for a surf, a swim or a run!

I'll give you a shout when I head up the Goldie as I am starting off in Sydney, only 11 days now!

Jane Solomon said:

Hi Kevin. It's Jane here the paramedic from "Poms in Paradise". So pleased to hear that the program has got you all excited about heading over here. It was exactly the same for me 6 years ago when I was planning to emigrate and was addicted to the tv series " New life down under". Just want to wish you all the best, it sounds like you have the perfect attitude to fit in with all the other Aussies living life to the full in this fantastic country. As you can probably see from the tv I don't regret it for one moment, and although it a huge move it's worth every minute of it. Good luck. Look me up if you head to the Goldcoast. I'll be cruising around surfers in my ambulance, checking out the surf!
Safe traveling. Jane x
Hey John is Michael a member of this forum also? That man is a Legend!

John said:
Thanks Jane

We're all enjoying the programme over here - and in fact Michael from the Tamborine Mountain Distillery will be on again next week !!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Job of the Week

Provided by Working Downunder

Scan the code with your phone to join our Jobs Down Under list

© 2021   Created by Australia & New Zealand magazine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service