Get Me Downunder

The Adventure Starts Here

Hi everyone..... Myself and my family recently validated our 176 family sponsored visa to Melbourne. The visa label advises we can have multiple travel to and from Australia until December 14.... But I have been told by an Australian Citizen, that we still are required to complete a residents return visa ( if this is the case, we should have completed it in Australia prior to leaving!!!). Any information would be extremely grateful. Catherine

Views: 39

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Get Me Downunder to add comments!

Join Get Me Downunder

Comment by Stephanie Bennett on September 5, 2010 at 19:19
Hi Catherine,
I thought once you'd activated your visa, you have 5 years to move there.
Hope you are all ok xx
Steph x
Comment by Paul Johnson on July 20, 2010 at 16:17
Yep, I believe Ken is right. I validated my visa in May and am moving to Perth in September. My visa allows me to enter and leave Australia at will.
Comment by Ken Fayers on July 20, 2010 at 14:21
Believe what's written on the label. You'll only need a residents return visa if you want to enter Australia after your 176 expires. A 176 is one type of visa, an RRV is another and you only need one visa to enter Oz. Being an Australian Citizen doesn't make someone an expert on their country's immigration law! Incidentally since you've only been to Oz to validate your visa you are not entitled to a residents return visa - you need to have actually been resident in Oz (i.e. living there - I think for 2 years) to be eligible for one.

Job of the Week

Provided by Working Downunder


Scan the code with your phone to join our Jobs Down Under list

© 2020   Created by Australia & New Zealand magazine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service