Get Me Downunder

The Adventure Starts Here

Hi, my husband & I & our little girl are in the process of emigrating to Queensland next year. Can any one advise if we can still make regular monthly payments for direct debits from an australian bank account to our UK bank accounts? I bank with NatWest & my hubby banks with Lloyd's. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Views: 520

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You can make regular DD payments to UK bank/companies, but it will cost you the exchange rate at the time and international banking transfer charges.

We emigrated 11 years ago, lived 5 years on the East Coast of Tasmania, we have lived the last 6 years on the East Coast of Qld, once we had adapted to the climate, floods and drought we have everything we set out to achieve, except a permanent  employment.

One of the best decisions I ever made was emigrating, should have done it 30+ years ago :-)

Hi Paul, my husband is a carpenter and we have just started the process for Oz and was told that Perth would be the place we will have to live and work, just wanting to know is there much work for a carpenter in Perth "secret harbour"?? also primary and secondary school as we've got 4 kids! many thanks

Rob and Tanya

Paul Johnson said:

Hi Dawny,

Know nothing about Townsville, sorry; I live in Perth.  When your visa is issued there is normally a time limit you have to cross the border by, but you can just take a holiday generally, if you aren't ready to move lock stock and barrel. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Job of the Week

Provided by Working Downunder

Scan the code with your phone to join our Jobs Down Under list

© 2019   Created by Australia & New Zealand magazine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service