Get Me Downunder

The Adventure Starts Here

Hi all.

I am hoping to hear from anyone who has already emigrated to the Sunshine Coast.  We are hoping to move there in october 2011, with our 4 children.

The plan is for us to buy a foodie business as that is what I do here in the UK. 

Has anyone had problems with their visa's?  How long does it take? 

I am a bit worried that we may not come under any of the correct catagories for the visa's as my business is still quite young, although I am sure that there has to be a way in order to give our kids the best possible opportunities available to them,  unfortunately we don't think that is in the UK. 

I have read that buying a franchise is a good way as it already has a proven business record???  Has any one bought a franchise?

Any advice would be hugely appreciated

thanks xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Views: 24

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Debbie

We'll be doing a franchise special in the magazine in a couple of issues - I'll see what info I can dig out for you in the meantime

John
Hi Debbie
We migrated to the Sunshine Coast 2 years ago and have never regretted it for one minute. It sounds like you are interested in a business visa subclass 160 or 163. You should check the criteria for these visas on the DIAC website http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/business/provisional-visa-options.htm but there may be other options for you depending on you or your partner's skills and qualifications. I would recommend contacting a registered migration agent who will be able to advise you on options and timescales (I have some recommended contacts based locally). When you are closer to planning the move, I can help your migration through my relocation business. Check out my website where you will find lots of useful information about migrating to SE Queensland. We can even help you find a foodie business for sale that can satisfy the criteria for the business visa. In fact we know of one such business already! See http://www.ozrelocations.com/opportunities
Hi Ged.

Thanks so much for your reply. I will most certainly check out the info and be in touch.

We think from our research that the Sunshine coast is the place for our family.

Many thanks again

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Job of the Week

Provided by Working Downunder

Scan the code with your phone to join our Jobs Down Under list

© 2019   Created by Australia & New Zealand magazine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service