Get Me Downunder

The Adventure Starts Here

John Talbot's Blog (2)

Tax on main UK residence ?

Does anyone know .... if you are unable to sell your main UK property before taking permanent residence in Australia, so rent it out instead....are you liable for Capital Gains Tax in Australia or the UK later on down the line when you do finally sell it....?

Added by John Talbot on October 11, 2009 at 19:19 — 1 Comment

Can you convert a v175 application to v176 ??

We submitted our 175 visa in February 2009

In March we found out we were on the CSL list, phew !

However, big silence ever since..... 7 months and counting.

We were thinking of converting this to a 176 state sponsored visa thinking the processing time will be less

Does anyone know:

1. Is it easy to use the same information for 176 as 175 and convert ?

2. Is it worth doing now we are 7 months into "the wait"… Continue

Added by John Talbot on August 16, 2009 at 13:48 — 2 Comments

Job of the Week

Provided by Working Downunder


Scan the code with your phone to join our Jobs Down Under list

© 2021   Created by Australia & New Zealand magazine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service