Get Me Downunder

The Adventure Starts Here

We have hit a problem on our ENS visa.
What happens if we withdraw the application? Do we get all our papers back? do we get any refund?
This is a real set back over a very tenuous issue.
Any advice would be appreciated.

Views: 82

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Get Me Downunder to add comments!

Join Get Me Downunder

Comment by John on November 18, 2009 at 7:17
Hi Steven,

Probably best to speak to an expert about this directly. John Adams is your man and he can be reached on -+44 (0) 1483 230 483

Hope it works out

Comment by steven keast on November 17, 2009 at 22:37
Hi John,

We have lodged our application under ENS from QLD Healthcare. My Wife is a Radiographer and they are sponsoring her. The Processing officer requested further information but the stumbling point was:-


Evidence of Licensing/ registration - The nominated position is located
in QLD.

To work in the occupation to which your appointment relates - Medical
Diagnostic Radiographer as per ENS nomination - mandatory licence/
registration is required in the state of QLD. You are therefore
required to provide evidence that at the time of application you held,
or were eligible to hold, such a licence/ registration.

Now My wife was eligible to apply as she has had her UK qualifications accreditted By AIR Australian Institute of Radiography and is a practising Radiographer in UK and holds HPC licence.

When we checked the terminology the Processing office then stated that as she was not the holder of the MRTB licence at the time of lodging the Visa application, it would be rejected. When we checked this with our Sponsor QLD Healthcare, they advise that they determine the requirements for the sponsorship and that you just need AIR not MRTB. ( hope this is not too specific ). QLD Health are fighting our corner but it's just worrying that DIAC have made this latest judgement which seems to contradict its first statement. i.e eligible to hold the licence.
Any advice would be welcomed.
Best regards
Comment by John on November 17, 2009 at 11:50
Hi Stephen,

Our resident expert John Adams has given us the following -

They should rather withdraw the application than have it refused. Unfortunately there will not be a refund. DIAC might return original documents and it would be sensible to ask for them.

It is a pity that they have not disclosed why they have had a problem with the application. If they would like to call me I will be happy to provide advice on the way forward if it exists.

John Adams -+44 (0) 1483 230 483

Job of the Week

Provided by Working Downunder


Scan the code with your phone to join our Jobs Down Under list

© 2021   Created by Australia & New Zealand magazine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service