Get Me Downunder

The Adventure Starts Here

Hi all, thought I might try and help with questions, if I can, and if I can't I'll try and head you in the right direction. I'm no expert or anything like that, but I'm on several other websites, forums etc so again, if I can't help you I'll probably know someone who can !

As you can see from a previous blog we were granted our 175 (Victoria) sponsored visa on the 25th July, 2008. We decided to go through the process with an agent who I don't have any hesitation in recommending. Hubby's a Plumber and has been self employed all his working life and he kept his certificates, which really helped get him through the TRA. It's taken nearly 2 years from when we contacted our agent, to doing all the relevant paperwork to finally getting our visa, not a short process but hopefully worth it in the end.

The cost of the process will depend on how many people are in your family, obviously 2 going on a visa is cheaper than six, like us!!!! We recon it's probably cost about £5,000 and now because we haven't sold our house we must validate our visa to give us more time to get over there, not cheap but we are so looking forward to it. It's going to be a holiday and a fact finding mission as well, house prices, locations all those sort of things, so if any of you want us to find anything out while we're there drop me a line, and we'll do our best to help.

Good luck for all those still in the process and may you not have to wait too long !!


Views: 41

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Get Me Downunder to add comments!

Join Get Me Downunder

Comment by the terry's on January 29, 2009 at 18:29
Thanks, I hope so. Hubby has been a plumber/maintenance since before leaving school, so plenty of experience and qualifications to match, will check that side of things out when we get to Australia.
Comment by BJ on January 29, 2009 at 14:19
Helen, I don't think your hubby will have any probs finding work here good plumbers are like gold dust.
Comment by the terry's on January 9, 2009 at 11:38
Thanks Jim for your offers of help, I might just take you up on them. £5,000 covers everything from fuel, postage, TRA fees as well as our agent's fees, everything !

As you can see from my previous blog we're going for a reccie soon and hubby would like to put some feelers out while we're there, can you recommend anything else other than his resume?

Thanks looke forward to your reply, Helen.
Comment by Jim Gordon Registered Migration Agent on December 18, 2008 at 9:14
Wow! £5000 I better put my fees up!
Great News glad you have your visa sorted. Do you have everything else in place?
I studied and lived in Melbourne so if you need any pointers just ask. I have some great contacts there.
The world of 'Australian Migration' does not stand still. Plumbers are no longer assessed by TRA if in the UK, its now Vetassess and its over £1000 that's if you get through first time!
Paper based and the Practical assessment. The announcements yesterday have changed a lot of things again. I think (true to form) we can expect more in the new year. Currency exchange, Banking, Pensions and Removals/Shipping. I can recommend in all areas...I deal with these people on a daily basis. Wish you well and become an Aussie as soon as you can!

Job of the Week

Provided by Working Downunder


Scan the code with your phone to join our Jobs Down Under list

© 2021   Created by Australia & New Zealand magazine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service