Get Me Downunder

The Adventure Starts Here

My passport is up in 2011 and I was thinking I'd be better and cheaper off renewing it here before heading out to Oz.

One question I have is does my visa tag get transferred across into the new passport, or do I just travel with the two of them if going in and out of Oz?

Views: 50

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Get Me Downunder to add comments!

Join Get Me Downunder

Comment by John on February 17, 2010 at 22:37
I might just ask the Aussies themselves and get the heads up on it.

Thanks for the comments.
Comment by Ken Fayers on February 17, 2010 at 20:53
Paul, yes the old passport becomes invalid but the Australian visa is linked to the passport number of the "invalid" passport. Australian immigration advise carrying the old passport with you. But does anyone have any first hand experience? Have they been able to have the tag put in their new passport and if so does that mean they don't need to keep their old passport with them?
Comment by Paul Johnson on February 17, 2010 at 15:30
Doesn't your old passport become invalid as soin as the new one is issued?

Job of the Week

Provided by Working Downunder


Scan the code with your phone to join our Jobs Down Under list

© 2022   Created by Australia & New Zealand magazine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service