Get Me Downunder

The Adventure Starts Here

Can anyone offer any tips regarding working it really worthwhile using a migration agency or is it not that hard to DIY ?



Views: 64

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Get Me Downunder to add comments!

Join Get Me Downunder

Comment by memewest on December 14, 2008 at 23:16
Hi Alex.....I've just joined this site and found your question whilst looking around. I'm wondering what you decided to do in the end. We we're approved our 175PR Visa in November this year and didn't use an agent, did it ourselves. (Applied May 08, so roughly 6 months from start to finish) Myself, OH, and 2 Children.
Good Luck to you.
Comment by Hannibal Khoury on November 7, 2008 at 10:28
Hi Alex,
If you would like to furnish me with some specifics about your proposed Working Visa i would be happy to answer any questions in relation to your options and the process...
Comment by Jenese Malone on November 5, 2008 at 20:47
Hi Alex
I wrote an article a few months back for australia new zealand magazine and I will try to attach it to the blog
mistakes people make item 1 will reinforce what you have heard thanks Jenese
Comment by Jim Gordon Registered Migration Agent on November 5, 2008 at 18:54
Hi Alex,

Your post asks two questions. Working Visas..... and using an Agent/Agency.

1. If you decide to use an Agent/Agency make sure they are MARA registered. Check out the register of agents at

Here you will see why it is so important to use someone who is regulated.

2. With regard to working visas...are your referring to the 'working holiday visa' or using the term in a general manner to refer to the many different types of visa available in the 'General Skilled Migration Program'?

If you are looking for a starting point, to narrow down your options, check out 'Visa Wizard' on the DIAC's website.

Hope this helps.

Jim Gordon
Comment by Paul on November 5, 2008 at 15:20
Not an agent but I work for Australia & New Zealand Magazine and we do get a lot of letters in from people that have used agents and found that they are very good and know their stuff, True blue, and the other agents that work with the magazine have many years experience in helping people with visas of all types.
Comment by Alex Hind on November 5, 2008 at 14:39
Thanks dont both work for an agency by any chance :P ? Only joshing....can you recommend any ? I've heard Trueblue may be a good one to use.
Comment by Paul on November 5, 2008 at 14:34
I think for peace of mind and convenience an agent might be the best option, of course it means paying for the service but it does mean that someone with an indepth knowledge of visas can ensure any problems encountered can hopefully be dealt with and not cause any delay...
Comment by Tom Rowlands on November 5, 2008 at 14:13
Good question Alex, you could do both. Diy is fine - it takes a lot of work but can save you money. Most migrants do opt to use an agency as the various visa options are so complex. An agent may be able to recommend the best pathway for you.

Job of the Week

Provided by Working Downunder


Scan the code with your phone to join our Jobs Down Under list

© 2021   Created by Australia & New Zealand magazine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service